Handler Upgrade for VERSALINE
This upgrade is designed for VERSALINE systems configured with a cassette-to-cassette handler, sold until 2008 by Unaxis/Oerlikon under the name “Sidewinder” / VCx-100).
- OEM model handler, four-sided transport module, single-cassette load module
- Automated control of the handler through a Berkeley programmable controller.
- Slave control of robotic components
The following key automation components of the original handler cannot be replaced in the event of failure:
- Berkeley Process Controller (BXi)
- 3-Axis Robot (4.5S)
- Vacuum Elevator (48S)
To resolve these issues, Plasma-Therm has developed the VCx-series Handler Upgrade. The upgrade provides the following benefits:
- Replaces obsolete components, extending useful life of production equipment.
- Assures continued availability of spare parts.
- Includes robotics with high MTBF and tighter specifications.
- Fully multi-chamber compatible.
- Includes “Jog and Teach” feature and improved troubleshooting and logging.
New, heavy-duty handler robot
For more information about this upgrade, contact a sales representative.
Contact information >